Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wacky Wishes

A Facebook friend recently asked "what would you wish for if you were granted one wish". I responded that I would wish for a million wishes. Another of her friends said he would wish that everyone could get along and work out all of the world’s problems. I’m sorry to say that there is as much chance of my wish coming true than his.

But one can always wish and hope. So, if there are any blog-reading genies out there, here are a few of my wishes:

I wish lasagna was a health food.

I wish I could visit Xargak (more on that tomorrow).

I wish I could yodel (more on that the day after tomorrow).

I wish it would snow (well, this is a blog about snow shoveling, isn't it?).

I wish The Temptations had recorded a song titled I Wish It Would Snow.

I wish Adam Sandler would stop making movies.

I wish more people were Bokononists.

Tiger got to hunt,
Bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?"

Tiger got to sleep,
Bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.

Bokonon on pretending to understand

Someday, someday, this crazy world will have to end,
And our God will take things back that He to us did lend.
And if, on that sad day, you want to scold our God,
Why just go ahead and scold Him. He'll just smile and nod.

— Bokonon on the end of the world

I wish this blogging challenge had ended three weeks ago.

I wish blogging was a highly lucrative profession.

I wish I could find a pair of sneakers that don’t look as if they were designed by a hyperactive caffeine-addicted teenager.

I wish the fad of streaking would make a comeback.

If only I could find some half-decent sneakers
I’d run like the wind with the fastest of streakers
To be swift and elusive, this action requires
That I put on my best pair of old PF Flyers

Streaking Shoe

Freaking Shoe

I wish companies would stop trying to pass off made-up ingredients as if they were essential to our lives. Stuff that we’ve somehow managed to live without like “Nutrivitalicious XG Flavanoids!”; or personal hygiene products that advertise “Now with Asparagus Oil and Palm Bark Extract!”

I wish it was the May Two-Four weekend.

Finally, I wish that all the bloggers in this challenge don’t get tripped up by X.

6 comments:

  1. I can't quite get over Bokononists. I'll have to read that reference again! I wish I didn't have to go write a blog post right now. But I've come this far so onward I go. Perhaps for 'x' we should all write an "x-rated" post. Might eliminate the blogging stress we're all feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm all for that, but I'm not sure we Bokononists are allowed to indulge in any x-rated activity.

      Delete
  2. I wish more people to stay through the entire challenge next year as it is to their benefit.

    I wish I would win the lottery so I could experience all of the problem that they have. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the lottery. It would be nice to win just to see if it's worth it.

      Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. I wish you'd get your wish about lasagna being a health food and blogging being highly lucrative!

    Dropping by from A to Z; it's nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I would be one healthy, wealthy dude! Thanks for visiting Danielle.

      Delete